KHS&S Named a 2022 Accredited Quality Contractor
We’re honored to announce KHS&S has been recognized by Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (ABC) as a 2022 Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC).
Launched in 1993, this program recognizes and honors contracting firms that have documented their commitment in five areas of corporate responsibility: quality, safety, talent management, craft and management education and community relations.
The result of a rigorous application process, AQC status adds KHS&S to a small, prestigious list of top-performing member companies in the Associated Builders and Contractors Florida Gulf Coast, Central Florida and Central Texas chapters.
The AQC designation is not only an honor, but a commitment to provide quality construction services while caring deeply about employees and the communities in which we build.
Annual recertification is required to ensure all participants uphold and maintain AQC standards, including:
- Quality-based industry honors and third-party recognition
- Maintenance of an effective company quality control program
- Financial stability and adequate bond status
- A strict safety environment, including
- Total Recordable Incident Rates (TRIR) at or below the industry average
- a robust safety training program in adherence with the company’s corporate safety manual
- consistent performance of pre-work job hazard analyses
- Participation in ABC’s STEP safety management system
- Continued craft and management education
- Highly competitive employee benefits and programs, civic involvement and policies that foster nondiscrimination and a substance-free workplace.
AQC members are guided by the principles of free enterprise, along with other ABC members, and believe construction contractors should be awarded based on sound and credible criteria, such as those demonstrated by AQC.
Thank you for our employees, clients and vendors, who helped KHS&S achieve this special honor. We look forward to continuing our work together in 2023.