KHS&S was part of the Mortenson Construction team that completed a $25 million renovation of downtown Tampa’s Amalie Arena in just three months. Flexibility and experience in Lean Construction processes helped KHS&S overcome frequent work disruptions and a condensed construction schedule to deliver multiple interior scopes of work for the 78,090-square-foot Amalie Arena 2015 Transformation.
The transformation focused on fan-facing upgrades, including reconstruction of an entire club level to be more modern and exclusive. Specifically, KHS&S’ scope of work included:
• Reforming and rebuilding the metal stud framing for seating in the club level
• Structural framing for the new 140-seat Loge area
• Metal framing for seating, concessions, locker rooms and performer area
• Hollow metal door frames and access doors
• Shaft wall systems and fire stoppage
• Gypsum board finishing and insulation